Learn how to integrate Zapier into your Factorial account
📢 With Factorial's Zapier integration, you can do many things like:
- Importing Factorial holidays to your Google calendar
- Exporting a list of Factorial employees to an external spreadsheet
- Notifying yourself of new leaves pending to be approved
- Import new hires from your favorite ATS directly to Factorial
- and much more!
(Currently, we support the following functionalities):
- Get notified of new employees
- Get notified of new leaves
- Create a new Employee
- Create a new Leave
Make a Zap with Factorial
You can create a Zap using Factorial either as a source or as a destination. As a source, you can use Factorial to notify other services of new events happening at Factorial, like new employees or leaves being created.
As a destination, you can post new information to Factorial. For example, creating a new employee) in response to some event happening in another service integrated with Zapier.
You can learn more about creating zaps in Zapier article.
1. Head over to your dashboard at Zapier and click Make a Zap. Once in there, select Factorial as the source and choose a trigger:
2. In the next window you will either be asked to sign in Factorial or select one of the accounts you have linked:
3. If you are installing Factorial for the first time, you will be requested to authorize Zapier access to your account.
4. Test the integration and you should be fine to go to the next step: setting up the destination. In this case, we are gonna use Slack as the destination of our integration. Our goal will be to post a Slack message every time a new employee is added to our Factorial company.
5. Select Slack as the destination:
6. Install or select your Slack account:
7. Let's create our Slack message. The good thing is that we can use information coming from Factorial to customize the message!
8. Once this is done, we can hit Test & Continue and we should be able to activate the integration!