1. How to export the shifts in a printable format?
To export the shifts in a printable format, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Shifts tab on your sidebar
- Choose the view you want to export (Weekly, Monthly, or 4-weeks)
- Click on the three dots icon located in the upper right corner of the screen
- Select Export Schedule
- Decide the filter you want to apply for the export
- If you want to exclude draft shifts, flag the related option
- Click on Submit
After these steps, you will receive an email with the file. Once it is generated, you can find it in the 'My documents' section of your account.
2. What are the differences between saved shifts and custom shifts?
Saved shifts and custom shifts are two methods provided by Factorial to create new shifts.
Saved shifts allow you to save frequently used shifts with designated time slots, eliminating the need to manually enter shift hours each time. The color label assigned to saved shifts corresponds to the color in which they will be displayed, providing immediate recognition of the assigned time slots. Once created, these saved shifts can be easily selected when creating new ones, saving time and effort in the scheduling process.
Custom shifts provide flexibility for creating shifts, making it particularly useful for shifts that don't have the same pattern each time, as well as for managing overtime.
3. How to manage shifts and breaks?
When managing shifts and breaks, it is important to consider the correct scheduling and duration of breaks. Here are a couple of examples:
- If you have an 8-hour shift with a 30-minute unpaid break in the middle, you will need to create two shifts to reflect the break and adjust the estimated hours. For instance, you can create a shift from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM and another shift from 2:30 PM to 8:30 PM.
- If you have an 8-hour shift with a 30-minute paid break in the middle, currently there is no way to directly reflect the break. In this case, you should set the shift for the full 8 hours, such as from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM, and indicate the 30-minute break to the employee in the comments.
4. Is it possible to see the shifts of my team or workplace?
Yes, it is possible to see the shifts of your team or workplace. In the Permissions section, you have the flexibility to customize shift management permissions based on your preferences.
You can make this possible using a permissions group with:
- "See published shifts" permissions configured for "Whole Company"
- Visibility set to "Their own team" or "Their own workplace"
5. Is it possible for an employee to see shift views on the mobile app?
Employees that have shifts as planning tool or permissions to add shifts, will be able to see their shift schedules within the mobile app.
❗ Remember that it is not possible to edit shifts within the mobile app.