1. What folders by default do we have in the employee and in the company directory?
By default, the employee directory includes the following folders: contracts, family and medical leaves, payslips, and IDs.
In addition, the following folders are included depending on the circumstances:
- Expenses folder, if the app is installed
- Payslips folder, if payroll management is installed
- Modelo 145 Folder, if one LE is in Spain
By default, the company directory includes the following folders: social insurance, taxes, reports, and payslips. In addition, the following folders are included depending on the circumstances:
- Expenses folder, if the app is installed
- Payslips exports folder, if payroll management is installed
- Payslips summary folder, if payroll management is installed
2. How to publish a document that must be public for all the employees?
To make a document visible to everyone in the company, you can upload it as a public document. Here are the steps:
On your sidebar, go to Documents and access the Public section.
Click on Upload Documents in the top right corner
Drag and drop the document
Click on Upload document
To ensure visibility, you can adjust the visibility settings through the lock symbol. If the lock is open, all employees can see the document.
Additionally, you have the option to send an email notification to your employees once the document has been published.
3. What is the difference between the different document storage spaces?
- Employee documents: This space contains personal employee documents organized in folders. Each employee has their own space, and access is determined by permissions. Employees can find this space in the "YOU / My documents" section of the main menu.
- Public company documents: This shared space is used to publish public documents, such as policies and communications, accessible to all employees by default. Employees can access this space in the "YOUR COMPANY / Documents / Public" section of the main menu.
- Internal company documents: This space is for management documents, reports, and other documents that are not available to all employees. Access to this space is based on permissions, allowing specific employees to view it. Employees with permission can access this space in the "YOUR COMPANY / Documents / Internal" section of the main menu.
4. How to create a folder system to manage documents?
Factorial provides the flexibility to configure a folder structure for both your employees' documents and your company's internal documents. To set up the folder system, follow these steps:
- On your sidebar, go to Settings
- Under General, select Documents
In the document settings, you have the ability to:
- Add, edit, or delete folders in the space for employees' documents.
- Add, edit, or delete folders in the space for internal company documents.
- Create custom fields to further categorize and organize your documents.
By utilizing these options, you can establish a folder system that suits your specific needs and efficiently manage your documents.
5. What are document custom fields?
Document custom fields allow managers to define attributes for documents stored in employee folders. These custom fields can have various formats, such as text, date, number, or a list of selectable items, among others.
Additionally, managers have the option to set custom fields as mandatory or optional. When a custom field is marked as mandatory, it means that whenever a document is uploaded to the folder, the corresponding field must be completed. On the other hand, optional custom fields provide flexibility, allowing the completion of the field to be optional when uploading documents to the folder.
6. How do the documents in bulk system automate document creation and streamline distribution to multiple employees simultaneously?
The documents in bulk system automate document creation by utilizing the stored data of employees. It allows for the efficient creation of documents by matching them with the relevant employee information. Additionally, the system enables the streamlined distribution of documents in bulk to multiple employees.
With this functionality, you can send various types of documents, including PDF files such as payslips or stored document templates. You also have the option to upload multiple PDFs, and the system will analyze the document text to identify names, surnames, and identity documents. Based on this analysis, the system suggests the corresponding employee to whom the document should be sent automatically. This process saves time and effort, enabling efficient distribution of documents to the intended recipients.
7. What happens when I click "Match documents and employees"?
When you click on the "Match documents and employees" button, the system performs an analysis of all uploaded documents. It scans each page of the documents to identify if there is a match with three variables that identify an employee: first name, last name, and main ID.
For employees in Portuguese and German legal entities, the matching ID is the Tax ID instead of the main personal ID.
Once the system finds a match with an employee's first name, last name, and ID on a page, it links that document to the respective employee. After this matching process, the system provides a report indicating the count of documents that have been successfully linked. It also offers the option to send those documents directly to the identified employees.
However, for documents that couldn't be matched automatically, they will need to be sent manually. This involves selecting the intended recipients from the list of employees to whom you want to send each document, following a manual process.
8. How to send the same document to different employees?
To send the same document to different employees, follow these steps:
- On your sidebar, go to Documents
- Select Send in bulk
- Upload a PDF document
- Select the Folder name
- Choose the Upload type: Split pages as new documents, Combine all documents into one, or Keep documents with all their pages
- Click on Upload document
- Once the document has been uploaded, apply filters if needed, and select the employees
- Activate the option if you want to request E-signature
- Click on Send to X employees
Once the document has been sent, all users will find the document uploaded in their 'My Documents' section in the folder defined. An email will be sent to the employee whenever a new document is uploaded. The employees will also receive a Notification via email and on 'Pending Task>Dashboard' if the e-signature has been requested.
Also, you can use the Document Templates feature to automate the generation of the same document (like contracts, agreements) for multiple employees.