A time off supervisor is an individual within an organization who is responsible for managing and approving employee requests for time off, such as vacation days, sick leave, personal days, and other types of leave. This person may be a manager, a human resources representative, or another designated individual who has the permission to review and approve or deny time off requests.
What can a time off supervisor do?
- See, edit, or create all the information related to the holidays, sick leaves, or any other time off requests of the employees managed.
See, edit or create a time off request for their employees.
- If a time off supervisor creates a time off request for an employee, this request will be automatically approved and everyone (the employee, observers, Time-Off Approver, and the admin) will be notified.
💡 Having a time off supervisor can be an important part of managing employee time off and ensuring that the needs of both the organization and its employees are being met.
Permissions to activate
In order to give users the ability to be a time off supervisor, you have to activate the permission:
- On your sidebar, go to Settings
- In general, click on Permissions
- Select the Permission group
- Select Time off
- Enable the option Approve and reject leaves
❗When an approver does not have permissions to view the absence request on the employee's page, a dedicated page will be available and the approver can approve or reject the request directly from there.
How to assign a time off supervisor?
- On your sidebar, go to Employees
- Open the Employee profile
- Stay in the Profile section
- Scroll down until you find Time off
- Select the Time off supervisor
- Click on Submit
❗ An employee can only have one time off supervisor.