With Factorial our priority is that your data is safe and secure. We provide you with the necessary tools to comply with GDPR imposed by the European Union.
📟 GDPR Regulations for Recrutement of Staff
- Data quality : Personal data should not be processed more than necessary.
- Example : Questions about whether someone has ever been convicted of a crime should be avoided since a candidate may feel obliged to reveal information that is not necessary for recruitment (unless legal requirement).
- Right of Information : Applicants must be informed about their rights and for what purposes their information is processed both before the selection procedure starts (i.e. before they apply) and when they are recruited.
- Rights of Access : Applicants should be allowed access to information and results relating to them from all steps of the selection procedure. Applicants should be provided with aggregated results.
- Retention Period : Organisations must often keep personal information on file for certain purposes. However, it is against the law to keep such information indefinitely. Files containing information about unsuccessful candidates should not be kept as long as the files of the successful ones. Information that is simply a condition for recruitment should not be kept once the recruitment has taken place.
- Example : There is no justification to keep criminal records, as they are snapshots in a person's life which may no longer reflect the reality.
- Head to Apps
- Select Recruiting
- Install App
- Head to Settings
- Activate the expiration of Permissions
Data Retention : You can set the retention time both for Job Applications & for Talent Pool. Candidates data will be erased, if the data erasure is activated, according to the set time in the data retention time fields that you specify for your company.
- Example : If the company decides on a retention time of 6 months for job applications, after these 6 months the candidate will be erased.
Date Erasure : By activating the 'erase candidate with expired permissions', the candidates data will be erased.
Some candidate data may be lost which is why a warning sign ⚠️ will be shown.
🟠 Note : In case a buffer time is desired, Factorial provides the option to have a buffer time before the data is erased. It is important to check with the legal department of the company about retention times in the company's respective country to avoid any law breaching.
- Activate Erase candidates with expired permission
- Select time period for deletion (e.g. 25 days)
- Data from a candidate concerning a Job application will be by default erased in 6 months, if the data erasure toggle is on.
- Data from a candidate related to the Talent Pool will be by default erased in 12 months, if the data erasure toggle is on.
➡️The expiration time is configurable based on preferences. Please bear in mind national data retention legislation.