Adding a second step to the sign in process makes your Factorial account safer.
💰 ☝️ 2-factor authentication works only for Enterprise companies and users accessing with email and password. Single sign-on users won't have the 2-factor authentication available.
How to set up 2-factor authentication
Go to your profile > My settings
- Scroll to the section Two-factor authentication
🔒 If the 2-factor authentication is not configured, you will see the tag Not configured and the button to start the setup.
🔓 If the 2-factor authentication is already configured, you will see the tag Active and the button to deactivate the 2-factor authentication.
- Click on Set up Two-factor authentication to start the configuration
After that a new pop up will open 👇🏽
Follow the steps described in the screenshot ☝🏽.
💡 We recommend Google Authenticator-App (Android) (iOS). But you can install other Authenticator-Apps too:
- Once scanned the code you can introduce the temporal code generated in your authenticator app.
How to access Factorial with 2-factor authentication
- The next time you access Factorial you will still use your email and password (remember not SSO).
- After that we will ask for the temporary code generated in your authenticator app.