What is DATEV?
DATEV is a German software for computerized accounting. In conjunction with their cloud solution, commercial tasks and processes can be completely digitalized and optimized.
What is this integration about?
With this integration, you will be able to perform an export of the new employees hired during the month, and you will be able to share it with the bookkeeper, so he can upload it to LODAS without issues.
❗️Information and data can be exchanged easily, quickly and securely with the tax advisor and bookkeeper.
What data will be synchronized?
- Employee data exports
What’s the benefit of it?
- Single data entry
- Adequate formatting
- Data readability
How to set up the DATEV Integration
Installing the DATEV Integration
- Head to Apps
- Scroll down to Integrations and choose the DATEV integration
- Klick on Install App
DATEV Integration Settings
👨🏽💻 You will need information from your bookkeeper in order to finish configuring the integration:
- LODAS/DATE client number
- Tax code advisor number
- Since when LODAS has been activated for the entity
- Head to the Settings tab
- Fill in the needed information
📅 The start date for activating LODA’s with the bookkeeper needs to be the 1st day of the month. The system will automatically add the 1st, so you only need to add the month and the year in the field.
Exporting reports with the data of new hires
Once you imported or created new employees and filled their profile information, you will be able to export their information so it can be shared with your bookkeeper in the DATEV/LODAS format.
First step: Add a Company Identifier to each employee
⚠️ To export the data in DATEV/LODAS format, you need to add a company identifier in the profile of each of your employees.
The company identifier is a made up code and is expected to be:
- 5 digits (numbers and/or letter) maximum
- different from 00000
- different for each employee
Where do I find the company identifier?
- Head to Employees
- Open the profile of one employee
- Go to Profile
- Within the section Work information you will find the field Company identifier
- Add the Company identifier and press Submit. (Do this for each new employee.)
Second step: Export the data of new hires
- Head to Payroll
- Click on Export Payroll data - 📍in the top right corner
- Choose the legal entity you want to download the information from
- Choose the period for which you want to download the employee's information
- Choose DATEV - New hires
- Klick on Export
- A file will be downloaded to your computer.
- A copy will be saved in your payroll exports folder.
How to share the data with the bookkeeper
Send the file to your bookkeeper via e-mail or another communication tool of your choice.
Importing into DATEV
When the bookkeeper import the file you shared with them, they will be able to open a window, confirming the information of the employees (new hires) you exported from Factorial.