In your different time-off policies, you will have advanced settings at your disposal that will allow you to add time-off allowances. Get a clear understanding of how allowances work.
What are Time-Off Allowances?
Time off Allowances are counters used to limit the number of days or hours that can be taken from a particular Time-Off Policy. They belong within a Time-Off Policy and in order to configure them correctly, you must first select Absence Types that will be specific to each Time-Off Allowance.
Where can I Find Time-Off Allowance?
- Head to Company
- Select Time-Off
- Choose the Policy in which you will add the Time-Off Allowance
- In Basic Information, slide the mouse to find Time-Off Allowances
- Click on Add Time-Off Allowance
- Introduce an allowance name
Allowance Name: Give it a name, as for example: Reduction of working time
Absence Types: Factorial allows you to request three kinds of absence types by default: holidays, sick leave, and maternity/paternity leave. It also allows you to select types of absences that administrators have created. Please note that the same Type of Absence cannot be assigned in Counters of the same Time Off Policy.
The allowance is Set in: Will the allowance be based on days or hours?
We will Display these Days In?: Days, half days or days with decimals.
- Base Allowance days/hours: This is the number of days you will grant your employees during each cycle. This number can increase based on tenure according to your settings.
- How are allowance days/hours accrued?: These available days will be Accrued all at once? Accrued throughout the year on a daily basis? or Accrued throughout the year on a monthly basis?
- The cycles will span from: A cycle is a 12-month period that defines when the allowance starts and expires.
- Carryover days/hours: How many days your employees can carry over into the next cycle?
- Carryover days/hours expires: Define the expiration date of the carryover days.
How will I Visualize the Allowances Once Created?
You will find all Allowances in the Time Off Section. To gather more information, simply click on the small arrow.
- Days per policy
- Total Accrued days
- Days Accrued from Current Cycle
- Accumulated Days from Different Periods
- Allowance adjustments
- Availables Days
- Total Taken Days
Still, have questions?
→ Can I make edits after I have created a Time-Off Allowance?
Of course, it is very simple.
- Access the Policy where the Allowance to be modified is located
- Click on ⚙️ located on the right side of the name of the allowance
- Choose to Edit allowance
→ Can I Assign an Employee to Another Policy?
- Within the policy, head to Employees
- Click on the (...)
- Select: Assign to different policy
Yes you can assign an employee to another policy. First, select the policy.
If the employee has holiday adjustments associated to his/her current policy, you will need to choose an allowance of the new policy to move these adjustments.