Learn how to create an employee account and import multiple employees through the importer.
1. Create an Employee
💡 Remember that only Administrators and Managers with permissions can create Employees in Factorial.
Access the Employees section
Click on the (...) option -📍 located in the upper right corner
Press on Save employee
2. Import Employees
☝🏽 In order to proceed with the procedure of importing employees in bulk, you must create at least one legal entity.
💡 Every Legal Entity created will have an attributed template based on the laws and policies of the respective country.
- Click (...)
- Select Import Employees in Bulk
- Select your Legal Entity
Find the file in the Downloads folder on your computer and open it
Add your employees and fill in the information you need
(→The Name, Surname and Email fields are required).
Once you have finished adding your employees, upload the file back to Factorial with the same format (.XLSX).
- Press on Import File
⚠️ Example : The importation will fail due to an error if you have not created an employee group before hand in your legal entity. Furthermore, you will not be able to update or create employees in a legal entity without an employee group first being created.
3. View of the Document
🤓 With Factorial, the templates will be configured with the legal aspects (e.g. identification document) based on the country of your legal entity.
🌈 You may also find gender options in your templates if you have configured them in your settings.
Tips for a Successful Importation:
- Do not modify any part of the Excel Structure, just enter data in the blank fields.
- Remember that: It is not necessary to complete all the fields, only the name, surname and e-mail will be indispensable.
- For the registration of the account number remember to include these number with spaces. As for example: 0034 2732 2812.
- The Orgchart is based on Managers.
- If a person does not have a Manager, leave this field empty (Do not enter the same email address of the person).
- If a person does not have a Time Off Supervisor, do not enter any information in this field.