Learn how to create, configure, and assign work schedules to your employees.
- How can I delete Work Schedules or Period?
Where can I find Work Schedules?
💡 It is in this page where you will see all the work schedules that have been created and archived.
- Head to the Company Section
- Select the Work Schedule Tab
⇒ Where can my employees see their work schedules?
- In their Clock-In Section
How can I create a Work Schedule?
- Simply press in (+) or in +add new work schedule
- Write the name for the new work schedule
- Configure the default period for this work schedule
🔺 By default, Factorial will offer a set period that cannot be edited, this is: 1 year (starting from January, ending December). In case you need to create work schedules with other periods, you can do so and these new periods will replace the default period (we explain it in more detail in the FAQs section).
3. Enter the hours per day that you want to assign in this new work schedule
4. Press in submit
⇒ How can I assign employees to this work schedule?
- Head to the employees tab
- Select the employees
- Press in add
- Select an effective date: The date on which this new schedule takes effect.
You can set effective dates in the past. But if you do this, you may cause changes in the employees time tracking count.
How can I define Periods in which the Work Schedule is different from the default?
→ Within the work schedule, you will find Periods.
(You can go within the work schedule by pressing (...) & Edit).
→ Add as many periods as you need : same process as before, introduce the hours per day.
🔺 We can only select periods of the current year.
How can I delete Work Schedules or Period?
• Work Schedules and Periods cannot be deleted once they have been assigned to employees. What we can do instead, is archive the work schedule or period, but first we must re-assign these employees to another work schedule and thus confirm an effective date.
📍 To Delete Periods, simply press in ⚙ and delete
📍 To Archive Work Schedule, follow the steps shown in the gif
Work Schedules Notifications via Email 📩
- When an employee has been assigned to a work schedule.
- When an employee has had changes or edits made to his or her work schedule.
- When a new period is about to start - 3 days before.
- (Exclusively for admins) - When an Employee in your team starts a new period.
° What happens if in the contract I have established that the employee works x hours per week but in the work schedule there are less or more hours inputted?
Once the work schedule has been assigned to the employee, contract hours will not be taken into account for the balance displayed on the clock-in section; time-tracking exports; etc.
° For periods different than the default, in the event that a period n+1 overlaps with a period n, period n+1 will replace period n.
E.g.: Period 1 = Jun 1 - Jul 31 and Period 2 = Jul 1 - Aug 31.